Thursday, December 10, 2020 / by Rachel Dickerson
Christmas is a special time of year! Typically, you would be attending large family gatherings, cooking/baking with family and friends, or maybe joining crowds at the mall to get the Holiday deals. Luckily, being social is not something you have to miss out on this year. You can still do traditions with your family and friends, it might just have to be virtual!
“Because of the technology available to us today, we actually have the ability to speak to and see our family and friends in real time. While it may feel weird to use video instead of being in person, it truly can make you feel closer together during this season,” said Dr. Berson- Prisma Health.
Here is a List of 10 Socially Distant ideas for Your 2020 Holiday season:
What are Recommendations for Celebrating in Person?
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has released recommendations to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 if you are making plans to see family and friends. These recommendations include:
- Know the infection rates and requirements of where you are and where you will be traveling.
- Limit the number of people you will be interacting with.
- Spend time outdoors as much as possible.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows and doors when safe or placing central air and heating on continuous circulation for indoor get togethers.
- Wear masks and stay six feet away from people who do not live in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently.
XSell Upstate hopes you and your family stay safe and healthy this Holiday season. Merry Christmas!